What is ParentsNext?
ParentsNext is a government pre-employment program that supports parents and carers who receive Parenting Payments as they navigate and prepare for the next stage in their or education.
Our ParentsNext service helps you identify your goals – whether they’re family-focused or career-driven – and provides you with or helps you access the resources you need to work towards, and ultimately achieve, those goals.
Keep in mind that you don’t have to look for work, however, if your goal is to find suitable employment, we will help you do so.
What can we help with?
The ParentsNext team can suport you in a number of ways:
- finding a course, training, work experience or further education
- job searching
- writing resumes and practicing for job interviews
- accessing additional funding or assistance available to you
- helping you with any transport or housing needs.
We can also help you access free local activities and support services, like:
- personal or financial counselling
- domestic and family violence services
- parents groups or parenting courses
- child care.
Our team will get to know you and your individual needs to find the best way to support you – our goal is to help you succeed and achieve your goals.